Friday, March 27, 2009

Sorry

An excerpt from:For Colored Girls Who Ever Considered Suicide/ When the Rainbow Aint Enuf

Lady in Blue
One thing I don't need
Is any more apologies.
I got sorry greetin me at my front door,
You can keep yrs.
I don't know what to do with em.
They don't open doors,
Or bring the sun back,
They don't make me happy,
Or get a morning paper.
Didn't nobody stop using my tears to wash cars cuza sorry.

I am simply tired of collecting
I didn't knowI was so important to you
I'm gonna haveta throw some away;
I can't get to the clothes in my closet.
For all the sorries.

I'm gonna tack a sign to my door
Leave a message by the phone
'if you called to say yr sorry
call somebody else
I don't use em anymore'
I let sorry/I didn't meanta/ & how could I have know about that
Take a walk down a dark and musty street in Brooklyn.
I'm gonna do exactly what I want to
And I won't be sorry for none of it.
Letta sorry soothe your soul/I'm gonna soothe mine.

-By: Ntozake Shange

No comments:

Post a Comment