Monday, March 30, 2009

Ode to my Brothahs...

This is my Ode to all the Brothahs out there because - you inspired me...
(Soul-Mate by Monica Stewart)
What is it about the man that stirs me so?
From his eyes to his lips to the depth of my soul
an awkward connection is made from him to me.
Causing me to tremble from my naps to the soles of my feet.
In he walks
(and unknowingly) my soul he stalks.
Whether he be ebony, chocolate, or caramel,
just by his presence my spirit melts.
Music flows from his voice and I begin to sweat.
My memories scream for him though we hardly even met.
What is it about the man that stirs me so?

Trying for a clue, but I just don't know.
'Cause whether he be tall, short, big, or lean
it's no matter - still, my insides scream.
Smile for me and I'm set on fire
Say something – about nothing – and immediately I'm wired
to who you could possibly be…who you are.
There's just something about you, black man, that resembles art
makes me stop and calls to my heart.

In my shoes, my feet are wet and I begin to perspire
for a man I've never spoken to and yet I desire
Admire
your eyes, your skin, your essence, your…you
Approaching, my heart goes out, and yet you have no clue.
His hair: Nappy, curly, long, or bald,
however you are, my spirit's sprawled
on the floor, unconscious
leaving me useless, breathless, helpless.
Again and again, I wonder how you leave me feeling so queer, so unusual?
I don't know,
but my brotha, all I can say is

Your black - is beautiful

By: Dorlette Pierre-Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment